Today's date is
As a reminder, the first place to check for field conditions/game status for practices and games is facebook.com/BYSA83
13 May 2019: Coaches Meetings and Practices:
- Kindergarten (K) & Rookies (R): meetings were held May 9 and practice schedule sent to coaches
- Juniors (J): meeting was held May 8 and practice schedule sent to coaches
- PreTeens (P): 15 May, 6:00PM
- Teens (T): 15 May, 6:30PM
- Majors (M) & Seniors (S): 20 May 6:30PM for both Majors and Seniors
6 May 2019: Coaches Meetings and Practices:
- Kindergarten (K): 9 May with practice times starting week of 13 May. Exact times TBD
- Rookies (R): 9 May with practice times starting week of 13 May. Exact times TBD
- Juniors (J): 8 May, 6PM
- PreTeens (P): 15 May, 6PM
- Teens (T): 15 May, 6:30PM
- Majors (M) & Seniors (S): TBD
6 May 2019: Parents, relatives, and friends: League coordinators are very busy putting teams together and prospective coaches should be hearing from them. We need volunteer coaches to keep costs down and to make this program work. Please consider coaching. We will announce coaches meeting for each league as soon as possible.
30 April 2019: The 2019 BYSA Rules are now online in the Coaches Info section.
7 March 2019: The 2019 Pre-K/K and High School Registration forms are now online.
3 March 2019: The 2019 Sponsor form is now online.
20 February 2019: The 2019 Registration Form is now online on the Registration Page.
SPECIAL NEED: BYSA is looking for one or
more persons who have website
development skills (i.e. WordPress)
and is/are willing to help
improve and preferrably upgrade
the BYSA website. If interested
please email Steve Robinson
at Steve@beavercreeksoftball.com or
call/text him at 937-901-8601.
BYSA Code of Conduct
(click here for a Word version)
(click here for a larger Web version)
As a Parent/Guardian, I recognize that parents/guardians are the most important role models for their children, and that sports help to develop a sense of teamwork, self-worth, and sportsmanship. As such, I agree to abide by the following:
- Encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, fans, and officials at games, practices and other sporting events.
- Place the well-being of my child before any personal desire to win.
- Advocate a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco, alcohol, and abusive language, and refrain from their use during youth sporting events.
- Encourage my child to play by the rules and respect the rights of other players, coaches, fans, and officials.
As a Coach, I recognize that coaches are role models for their team members and all participants involved in the activity, and that sports help to develop a sense of teamwork, self-worth and sportsmanship. As such, I agree to abide by the following:
- Place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a personal desire or external pressure to win.
- Do my best to provide a safe playing environment for all participants.
- Lead by example by demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all involved.
- Provide a sports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco, alcohol, and abusive language and refrain from their use at all sporting events.
- Respect the game and league officials and communicate with them in an appropriate manner.
- Be knowledgeable of the league rules and regulations, and teach these rules to all players on my team.
- Encourage my team members to play by the league rules and respect the rights of other players, coaches, fans, and officials.
- Be responsible for my own behavior and also the behavior of my assistant coaches, players, their parents, and fans.
As a Player, I understand that I must follow these rules to stay in good standing (For Teens, Majors, and Seniors Leagues):
- Respect the game, play fairly, and follow its rules and regulations.
- Show respect for authority to the officials of the game and of the league.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship before, during, and after games.
- Help parents and fans understand the league philosophy so they can watch and enjoy the game.
- Be courteous to opposing teams and treat all players and coaches with respect.
- Be modest when successful and be gracious in defeat.
- Respect the privilege of the use of public facilities.
- Refrain from the use of drugs, tobacco, alcohol, and abusive language.